Sober Living in Houston, TX
Safe Supportive Housing for People in Recovery
Adjusting back into daily life after rehab can be challenging, but sober living homes offer comfortable and supportive living spaces to make the transition easier. Whether you’ve already completed a residential rehab program or you’re currently enrolled in an intensive outpatient program (IOP) or a partial hospitalization program (PHP), a sober living home can help you establish the healthy habits, social support, and self-efficacy necessary to maintain positive life changes.
What are Sober Living Homes?
Sober living homes (also sometimes called transitional living or recovery homes) are facilities that provide supportive, safe, and sober housing. They are ideal for people who are exiting residential drug rehab programs, are enrolled in an outpatient drug rehab program, or who do not have a stable living environment or supportive sober network at home.
Sober living homes do not offer the same level of structure found at a residential rehab center. Instead, they provide a balanced mixture of personal freedom and structured living. This encourages a gradual re-entry into society after treatment and promotes healthy coping strategies and daily habits that will help residents maintain lasting sobriety.
Sober living residents must abide by community rules, curfew, chores, and attend weekly recovery meetings, among other requirements. Residents are also free to come and go as they please, which allows for opportunities to gradually take on more tasks and personal responsibilities as they adjust to sober life outside of rehab.
Additionally, sober living residents have the valuable benefit of a built-in peer support system. Having a strong social support system is proven to help people stay sober longer. It also prevents loneliness and isolation, which can easily occur in the early stages of recovery.
Benefits of Sober Living Homes
- Provides a safe and sober transitional living space
- Minimizes distractions in early sobriety
- Offers opportunities for sober social connections
- Reinforces the principles and lessons learned in rehab
- Reduces the likelihood of relapse
- Helps promote self-confidence and life skills development
- Supports the whole family unit, not just the sober living resident
- Helps residents get back into the workforce after rehab
Our Sober Living Services
We offer safe, substance-free housing and recovery support services in Houston’s Montrose neighborhood. Our sober living homes are comfortable, fully-furnished, gender-specific living spaces for men and women in recovery.
Our sober living services include:
- Weekly community meetings
- Monthly family/education group
- Employment Support Group (resume writing, interview tips, networking, and connecting clients with local business owners)
- Monthly potluck
- Weekly alumni activities
- Aftercare services
- Meditation and yoga
- On-site LCDC staff members
- Biweekly (or more) individual counseling sessions for residents not enrolled in IOP or PHP
At Positive Recovery Centers, our sober living program is driven by treatment and transformation. Although formal treatment is not required, research supports the idea that the longer you’re engaged in treatment, the more likely you are to maintain ongoing sobriety. After rehab, a sober living program is an excellent way to stay engaged in treatment and we reward our clients for their commitment to positive change.
Residents of our sober living homes are asked to provide their meals and personal care items. However, we do offer the following amenities:
- Simple, clean, and comfortable furnishings
- Washer and dryer on-site
- Convection oven
- Full-size refrigerator
- Safe and desirable location in Houston with local shopping, social activities, and eateries
Live Your Best Life in Recovery
If you’re ready to move on to the next step of your recovery journey, call (877) 476-2743 to speak with a Positive Recovery representative about our sober living program today.