Addiction Policy Forum
Addiction Policy Forum is a nationwide nonprofit organization dedicated to eliminating addiction as a major health problem. The national headquarters is located in Washington, DC with resources and services in every state.
Sober Recreation Committee
The SRC is dedicated to providing and promoting fun events for the recovering community in the Greater Houston area.
Grief Recovery (GRASP)
Grief Recovery After Substance Passing (GRASP) was created to offer understanding, compassion, and support for those who have lost someone they love through addiction and overdose.
COVID-19 Mental Health Support
The COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line (PDF) offers COVID-19-related mental health support for all Texans. Call 1-833-986-1919
2-1-1 connects people with the local health and human services programs across Texas.
Crisis Text Line
Crisis Text Line is free, 24/7 support for those in crisis. Text TX to 741741 to text with a crisis counselor.
Community Resource Coordination Groups
Local partners and community members who help people with complex, multi-agency needs get benefits and services.
Family-Based Support Programs
Family Based Support Programs – Helps families maintain a stable and safe home to reduce the risk of future abuse through family counseling, crisis intervention, parenting classes, substance abuse treatment, domestic violence intervention, and day care.
Texas Systems of Care
Texas System of Care – Connects communities to ensure children and youth have access to mental health services.
- Law Enforcement Crisis Intervention in Texas – Specially trained police officers who know how to intervene with people who are experiencing a mental health crisis.
- Community Resource Coordination Groups –
- Family Based Support Programs – Helps families maintain a stable and safe home to reduce the risk of future abuse through family counseling, crisis intervention, parenting classes, substance abuse treatment, domestic violence intervention, and day care.
- Family Violence Program – Shelters, counseling and legal advocacy for people escaping family violence or domestic abuse.
- Community Support Guide for Alternatives to Inpatient Mental Health Treatment, September 2022– Helps people better understand mental health care in Texas
- National Alliance of Mental Illness Texas – Improves the lives of people affected by mental illness through education, support, and advocacy.
- Dose of Reality: Prevent Prescription Painkiller Misuse in Texas – This website focuses on prevention through education about opioid and other dangerous drugs..
- Now Matters Now – Support for dealing with suicidal ideation.
- Suicide Prevention Resource Center – Dial 9-8-8 for immediate support if you are contemplating suicide.Veterans
- Texas Veterans Portal – Connects veterans, their families and caregivers to the benefits and services earned through their military service.