Outpatient Treatment for Addiction
Depending on the severity of your addiction, your medical and clinical treatment needs, and other individual circumstances, an outpatient program may be the next step in your recovery journey. Positive Recovery Centers offers several types of outpatient treatment options to support you as you move into the next stage of your recovery.
What is Outpatient Treatment for Addiction?
Since addiction is a highly individualized experience, the level of care people need to recover will also vary. While residential treatment may be ideal for someone with a severe addiction, those with mild or moderate addictions may do well in an outpatient setting.
Outpatient treatment provides substance abuse treatment in a non-residential setting. The structure of an outpatient rehab program may vary but it generally consists of a series of group sessions that are hosted in a safe, substance-free environment and led by addiction treatment specialists. Clients attend outpatient sessions at various times throughout the week, giving them the flexibility they need to maintain other responsibilities like work or school.
An outpatient treatment program is not a stand-alone solution for addiction. Instead, it serves as a part of a comprehensive course of treatment designed to address the many different aspects of addiction and ultimately, help clients achieve a stable, sober lifestyle.
Types of Outpatient Treatment Offered at Positive Recovery Centers
At Positive Recovery Centers, our outpatient treatment programs include:
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) – This type of program is often referred to as “day treatment” and some people begin their treatment journey here while others transition from a residential program. Clients who are enrolled in PHP at Positive Recovery Centers attend a minimum of 20 hours of structured treatment each week, which provide individual therapy, group counseling, family therapy, and other evidence-based methods of therapeutic rehabilitation for addiction.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) – IOP at Positive Recovery Centers is comprised of a series of outpatient meetings that reinforce life skills, positive attitudes, and effective strategies to reduce the risk of relapse. Clients attend treatment for a minimum of 9 hours each week. Family therapy is also provided during IOP to nurture emotional healing and foster the development of healthy communication and behaviors among clients and their loved ones.
- Aftercare – Positive Recovery Centers collaborates with employer groups via Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs) to offer individually-tailored Aftercare services. These recovery support services are designed to help clients tackle the challenges they face in the early stages of their sobriety.
Is Outpatient Treatment Right For Me?
Outpatient treatment may be right for you if:
- You have already completed medical detox and/or a residential rehab program.
- You have access to a stable, supportive, and substance-free living environment.
- Your treatment team has recommended outpatient treatment as the next step in your recovery process.
Our treatment team will carefully evaluate your needs and circumstances to determine if outpatient treatment is right for you. If we find that another option is a better fit, we will provide recommendations and help you take the next steps.
Admitting that you need help is the first and often the hardest step toward a better life in recovery, but the caring and compassionate staff members at Positive Recovery Centers are waiting to help you get started. Call (877) 476-2743 to learn more about our outpatient treatment programs today.